Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Update Time Coming Up...

I got a journal from Goodwill two and a half months ago and I am going to update them off-screen, so you don't have to read my entries for a very long time because... SPOILERS!!! These took place from the time I just finished The Indwelling up until now (I'm currently reading Sea-Wolf and watching 18 Kids and Counting Part 1) and still ongoing. I know Ms. Esselborn wrote the beginning bit (focuses on herself for around a year - originally written in the time I was at the abrupt end of elementary school until the time I was nearing the end of sixth grade in middle school, but this time it was from her perspective when she moved from 8th to 9th grade) and two short stories: 1. a DNF work (probably written at some point before she got tired of writing it) and 2. a finished headcanon fic (written on June 24, 2013) before she donated it. Newsflash: I NEVER read The Diary of Anne Frank, the Inkheart trilogy (the movie itself came out when I was in seventh grade, so it is a "did not see" before), and Twilight (it sucks since late 2005 at the time of first publication of the first volume; I was in fourth grade back then and still got a fond interest in the Sonic series at the time). Those are the list of works she had mentioned. Also, with the Transformers movie, I've seen the first and second ones when I was younger. I never got a chance to see the rest due to Michael Bay being credited big time. What a loser! Plus, I'd seen the TMNT 2014 film. It's a completely different story from the 2007 CGI version as a fifth grader. With the 2019 Sonic film coming on the way to the cinema, I'd better publish my fanfic I started at the end of 2013 on Fanfic.net at the same day it was to be released. I'm expecting more comments since nothing worked out on deviantART, nor on Tumblr.

With consistency, I felt like I have an urge to successfully complete whatever I have started years ago like reading scriptures from cover to cover for the first time ever. Everyone, you should pick up where you have left off at, not start over from the beginning. See? Is restarting a big mistake to you? Here is the list of bookish series I have completed from earlier:
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians (2005-09; read over the second semester of sophomore year of high school in 2012)
  • If I Stay 2-Parter (2009-11; started in 2012 as a junior of high school, finished in 2014 as a 12th grader)
  • Stargirl (2000-07; started in 2013 as a junior of high school, finished in 2017 as an incoming 3rd-year student of Bellevue College)
  • Persepolis (2003-04; binge-read it in 2015 as a first-year student of Bellevue College)
And now, planning ahead of time. Note: these are all taken from Google Keep as I have listed out to be announced publicly.
  • Scott Pilgrim (mid-to-late 2000s; issue 4 and up)
  • Maximum Ride (2005-12, 2015; Episode 5: Waterwings and up)
  • Uglies (2005-08; Pretties and up) (to be in progress)
  • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2001-11; Second Summer of Sisterhood and up) (to be in progress after Pretties)
  • The Selection (2012-16; The One and up)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (1950s; Prince Caspian and up)
  • fairy tales (19th century - interpreted by Grimm and Andersen; sorta over halfway there?)
  • Middle-Earth franchise (do the LOTR trilogy (1954-55))
  • The Merlin trilogy (1998-2000; book 2 and 3 are up for Amazon)
  • Saga (2012-present; volume 8 is now up and running for rental usage)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion (2017-present; Lost Conspiracy is available for rent)
  • Left Behind (1995-2007; starting with The Remnant (volume #13 in chronological order) - hopefully will get the last quarter of the series all done by the end of 2018)
I may or may not slay the goals themselves because it depends on how much school workload I have to accomplish, thus delaying and denying the New Year's Resolutions until the end of every single school year where I spent the summers catching up with what I am currently reading and watching at the time plus goals to become the new me to work on. Being consistent is my 2018 goal, though it came around five and a half months too late ahead of schedule and it is better to finish yet...

A new block has just arrived... entries from the journal coming soon: January 1, 2019 (new updates, one entry everyday).

No comments:

Post a Comment