Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Boys in the Boat: A BC 2015-16 Read! Part 1

Since I have requested to read The Boys in the Boat for most of this past school year, I just seemed to get too busy for schoolwork and I felt left out over the past week in what I've done extremely wrong. The con is I have leftover money for public library fines for a very long time to owe since 2011, and it's such a huge deal for a decade on the golden age of social media and the really naughty era of drama. Not even a single penny was spent, but thankfully, shorter periods of fine-freeness did not last forever. I know I will be a better patron of the library system, but I need to know how to learn from my mistakes. I'll do it in a really sane matter because I know I think I'm going to survive the preppy mode of the new Disney that killed the classy trait of high school I will be able to point out for, but however, I'm not going to say that because it will hurt my alter ego feelings. So... let's move on!

Speaking of the BC Reads from last year, I know I heard about the book I Am Malala for the past two years. Because of the reason I missed out on what would've been freshmen year in college, I already missed out on the high school class of 2011 and I really deserve to see them, but no... for they once again went on their own ways in different interpretations on roads for life. WHAT?! I know I've seen a rarity of them that are super seniors in high school until the end of my original senior year. Super senior year went by fast, and I already missed out on the chance to go to the Transition Academy because I'm too smart of the IQ, so look what happened? I've been to the orientation parental meeting, and I already grew out of the little yellow school bus I'm probably too familiar with since age 3 to go anywhere by the city bus system I knew today. I even saw my old friends from junior high graduate, as well as their friends I never got to meet up with, but that's okay. I saw some of my peers go to and from work while I'm either on the way to school or back home. I'm feeling bored with just the schoolwork because I had fun with the Internet and I had a great time, for I'm never too old for sharing stuff with the world.

For the archived BC Reads for my original senior year in high school or earlier to my first grade year, I thought my sister read two of the eleven books: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and Art of Racing in the Rain. And for the upcoming read The Martian by Andy Weir, oh great... this book is way overused as well as the recent movie concededly that I'm forcing myself to read by the observation of demand. I know that sounds personally dramatic to me, but I think The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown is not the first ever true sports account in my experience, The Blind Side was already read and reviewed for the Blind Date event at the high school library as well as the blog overall. Football from the 2000s in the countryside is like a different story, but going canoeing for the 1936 Berlin Olympics?! I've never gone further back in time to see sports at a different perspective like this before. I'll at least have to give it a try once when I'm done with NeuroTribes and 2am @ The Cat's Pajamas. Guys, please be patient while I have to deal with a new plan and I'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment