Monday, January 2, 2017

2017: The Year of My Left Behind Challenge

Yesterday, I called it a devotional day, so I have to at least do it again. The vision for this year was Decisions and Destiny, yet I made up a goal to read the entire walkthrough of the Left Behind series. Prior to this, we're going back to the actual beginning of my journal life. In 2010, I was all self-centered and egotistical while reflecting at the same time. When 2011 came along, I read the entire walkthrough of the "radio edit version" attached to my old school pink Bible. 2012: I read the Gospels four times. 2013: I did Expect the Unexpected. 2014 is a year I supposedly graduated high school, so I literally started taking the Internet for seriousness. By then, I enjoyed LPs and fanfiction in my late teens since they were my thing. 2015: things start to pick a pace at some point over the summer, so in the end, I decided to make a reflective book based on Genesis. 2016 is probably one of my low points by far in this decade. Everyone else has time to read Scripture, but I don't. I kept failing apart, and that's what the Internet addiction had such a heavy burden on me, so I stopped watching LPs because they're too long and fanfiction editing is taking forever to upload. Ugh! Epic fail...

Plus the fun part of the past year: knowing that Trump won made me want to write a memoir about my adult chronicles. And now, here I am: one day had passed and a new one begins anew. While I read the first 66 pages of The Rising, I was related to Marilena except she's more experienced in literature than I do, and that's fine. I understand that I read Why I Read - the author gave me a list of 100 books and I shared it to Tumblr while I made up my own list of books for leisure. I had so many connections to my life on a variety full of levels next to The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time, I wish I was desperate enough to have a child like Marilena did. It was more likely being either next to my lifetime wish, or it's just one of the plot elements why I want to write a sequel to Incendiary. At one time, in 2015, I had a library meeting of Mind Matters. The topic was focused on the aging, so I had a long life ahead especially if I need to make my next 49 years of life a reality. According to Wait But Why, it's 90 years. I made up a chart of Harper Lee's life last year, and she's darn close to being 90 when she passed on. This year, I want to make two more charts: one for Carrie and another for Debbie. Marilena and her Classical Literature professor Sorin had more meetings, and look who's there: Ms. Viviana Ivinisova had appeared in classy fashion. She showed up to meditate others into communicating with spirits and whatnot because if I think she's insane, then she can't be crazy enough due to her open-mindedness. I learned religions other than Christianity: first the Jewish, then the others: Hinduism, Buddhism, Muslim and atheism/agnosticism. I've read them in Life of Pi. Meanwhile, Ray and Bobby were friends at grade school, even though they enjoyed soccer and other things the boys had done except... Ray just played Christian over and over, and Bobby's really serious about being an Evangelist/fundamentalist, he wants to take full-time in ministry when he grows up. Ray wants to be either a pro-athlete or a pilot. I had strong feelings toward my spiritual life about this issue, although Central Church was probably commercialized with pictures of God and Jesus. My advice to the family of Central: do the cross instead. My own was very simplistic but small: we had free coffee on the way to sanctuary and the after-service had cheap knock-off cookies like the usual. Sometimes, we had cake. On Mother's Day, the men in aprons serve tea, and we had sandwiches, fruit and veggies, and souvenir-like gifts on the way out. Before Mother's Day, one of the staff members were like "Bring in your mothers with you." And then, old people showed up, and they keep coming over the years, although some people do brought them in for visits. Specifically, my own mother meanwhile was downstairs, but sometimes she stayed upstairs. Father's Day used to be a whole thing for grandfathers until 2009 when they all died. In 2010 onward, Dad was exclusively honored. A few years later, by that, we meant betrayal and not being condemned. Mother's Day should've been called Women's Day and Father's Day a Men's Day. In 2017, I would like to call it my day because I'm 21 soon. I should've wished Mom, my aunts and grandma a wonderful Women's Day. For now, things went off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment