Tuesday, March 22, 2016

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice: The Review

After watching the entire series, endlessly I think:
"Knights! Knights! Knights! (repeat)"
"Excalibur, be my strength!"

The show's premise had King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table trapped in the Cave of Glass by the evil enchantress Queen Morgana. The wizard Merlin, unable to free King Arthur and the Knights himself, searches the timeline for replacement Knights. Merlin finds the quarterback of the New York Knights football team, Arthur King, as a suitable replacement. Merlin transports Arthur King and his teammates to Camelot after one of their football games and appoints Arthur King as their leader, with his teammates as the new Knights of the Round Table, and assigns them the task of freeing the true King and Knights. To do so, they must find the 12 Keys of Truth, one for each knight that only the knight in question can initially touch. Once all the keys are found, the real knights will be free and the team will return home. In the meantime, they pledge "....fairness to all, to protect the weak and vanquish the evil". The Knights are armed with special armor and are able to summon their respective creatures at any time when in battle armor. These animals, such as King Arthur's dragon, are emblazoned on their shields.

The series had a progressive story with both sides making progress towards their goals. Continuity was also established in the episodes which would be brought up in later episodes, along with some repeat minor characters, character relationships, and previously overcome weaknesses of the Knights. Despite the continual movement towards a resolution, the series is incomplete and ended abruptly during the second season.

You know the usual Saturday morning routine for Power Ranger fans who are into the Arthurian legend! But the transformations are somewhat repetitive as usual from the first episode and onward. Halfway there, I was thinking "Will there ever be the same ol' transformations in season 2?" Unfortunately, I was right, but the new thing that came with the segment is sound effects. In both seasons, there are different art styles. In season 2, what extended the episodes is lessons. At the end of each episode for season 2, either Merlin or King Arthur will show up and teach you guys some good virtues. The first fifteen episodes and episode seventeen are produced by Bohort Entertainment, but episodes sixteen, eighteen and onward are by BKN. In episode seventeen, I noticed the watermark "Amazing Adventures". Amazing Adventures used to be about the Saturday morning block of Discovery Channel or something before it was replaced by Discovery Kids. I was curious if animals and flowers crossover in thirteen devotional posts coming up. When the lesson segment shows up for the first time, I was thinking, "What are they thinking?! Do they watch too many synchronized cartoons with values at the end just so to throw in traditional value in order to shove down the street smart person's throats? I'm going nuts to force myself to post devotions as another way to increase the viewership with my blog because I'm sorry if I had wasted nothing new to do so but to just write, write and write. But still nothing to publish..."

When I'm two episodes away from the end of disc two, I was thinking, "Yup. I'm gonna stop for a moment because I've got some work to do for the blog." And so, I did asked my dad if I had the first three lessons to remember from the show to blog. He suggested if I was going to make a daily devotion book, but I probably think it's not going to work for now. My dream for the year 2016 was to continue writing "Where It All Began". If you don't know "Where It All Began", it's my 21st century literary criticism focusing on the book of Genesis in reflection to my current perspective. Hopefully, next year, it's "Meaningless in This World" with Ecclesiastes, same ol' genre from the same ol' perspective.

When I was at the end of disc two, I feel hopeless and confused with nowhere else to go but to take it easy and just put things off until later. Here's the quote:

"If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up someplace else."
- Yogi Berra

This is something that stands out in order to be the change everybody wants to see me talk, review, critique and discuss for hours and hours of non-stoppable fun for the whole grant of the Earth scholarship to have long term financial wealth. In reality, my dream to get paid for the first time seems like wishful thinking. My first paycheck outside work is when I was eighteen with the after-VBS daycare. Business-wise, it was absolutely nothing but just the first $5 from last year during my self-employment with home economics. "In order to be the change everybody wants to see me talk, review, critique and discuss for hours and hours of non-stoppable fun?" Don't you mean I referenced it to the quote from recently, as in "Be the change you want to see in the world." Earth scholarship? There's no such thing as an Earth scholarship (IN REAL LIFE)! There are a variety of scholarships you could choose from, but however, there is no Earth scholarship quite yet until I guess by 2050 when travelling to exoplanets become common and I think to my 54-year old self, "Nat's getting pretty old for some hashtags." You know what I mean? And I am nine months into the rest of my life besides the year of "Rebel Heart", so there's no going back. Instead, I need to succeed in everything as best as I can to become famous one day and be happy with what I already have. I haven't looked at the vacation getaways in my newly-turned decade of generalization yet (the 20s y'all know what I'm talking about - not the roaring 20s, or something that's approaching a few years from now, nor is the cold temperature, the real age where choices vary from time to time to make the rest of your life happen), but I'll look it up on my post from at least two months earlier because spring break is approaching and we probably have to go camping for two days. One of my teachers from the past term is going to Arizona and I've been there when I was four. I did not remember what happened as a little girl, but I was lost in time to kids' television shows. My grandmother noticed me and I barely saw her alive for a little amount of time. Remember from my introduction? I was baptized Lutheran when I was seven because of her last wish to not only me, but also to my two younger sisters as well. I was baptized Foursquare when I was twelve, same thing happened to the same ol' people except Grandma Marrujo's not here anymore and that's exactly what I wanted because I kept listening to the commitment to Christ Jesus, our LORD and Savior every single week a bit of time into the youth group. I was neither going to heaven, nor hell because one person from Yahoo! Answers said we exist from the moment we were born until the day we die, life was meant to experience everything, but you only live once. But how's that even possible to experience everything when you have religion, you tend to prohibit some forbidden things in this world such as with Hindus, they think cows are sacred, but Muslims don't eat any pork. As Christians, the diet varies from going strict-vegan to it's everything but the shellfish or something. I don't know what to do within my diet but to not eat anything processed and go for organic stuff with lots of nutrients to satisfy the hunger in order to survive. I would rather cook and do some self-employment fun! How about that?! It doesn't have to make any much sense. Come to think of the quote by Yogi Berra, one day I will open the Blogger's Club. I understand why it's important to work hard for the last bit of the quarter because I need to be quick like a rabbit.

In between discs 2 and 3, I pretty much had enough time to put in the final disc, press "Play All", sit back, relax and... review! Eight more episodes later, I realized why the second season is much like a sequel to the first season is because things could take on the rising action. (SPOILERS if you have not watched all 26 episodes of the show!) Like in episode nineteen where both sides of alignments end up in Miyako's day, in which they call the "1950s" as a mention of the time being where it's the golden days of Camelot park and everything. In episode twenty, I did not know there were manual-like planes back then, even before Da Vinci thought up one for future use in the later days where the Wright Brothers made up Kitty in 1903. In episode twenty-one, it's about the quest to Fear Island. In episode twenty-two, King Arthur retrieves Merlin's book from the hands of Morgana. In episode twenty-three, Morgana was attempted to enter the Round Table but Merlin stopped and defended her. She went away after her failures. In the semi-penultimate episode (which is twenty-four), the knights of justice cured the samurai enemies via the medicine from the bottle on a rainy and muddy day. In the penultimate episode, Elaine made her appearance and was the knight she dreamed of and recalled from her childhood, and the castle was covered in snow and ice? And last but not the least, in an unexpected series finale, Tone was kidnapped and hypnotized by Morgana, but was eventually saved by the other knights of justice. And that is where the company who produced it gets left off because they abruptly ended it. (end spoiler) The first season is good, but the second season does justice as a sequel to the first one.

According to Topless Robot, the show was ranked as the first of the two lists: Top 10 Most Ridiculous Adaptations of Aurthurian Legend (2009) and Top 8 Mostly Forgotten '90s Cartoons (2011). I know I had never seen the knights of the Round Table go Power-Ranger style like this before, but anyways, it's such a good show. I highly recommend for those of you who haven't seen the entire way there before. I survived, and um... yeah, good day! I'll see you whether I have to say. Talk to you later, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment