Monday, December 23, 2013

Chapter 5: A December to Remember Part 3: The Spirit Week of Wishes

        Sunday night, my parents put some technology privilege rules for me and my sisters. Monday, I go to school. I got lots of working to do over the week. When I go home at 4:30pm, I do my homework. Around 7pm, we had dinner. The rest of the day is like working until 9pm. By 9pm, I know there goes the invisible mental timer - haha, I go to bed at around 10:05pm. Well, at least a few minutes late is pretty much okay so 5-6 minutes is good, but Dad is not around. I got a few days left to come up with - 4 or 5 more to break free of the restrictions and I had to make up those lost hours of the Isle of the Midnight Sun LP to catch up on so that way I was supposed to be live and ongoing.
        Tuesday, I wear black clothing. Black clothing is for funerals, but it's alright. It can still be used for Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony. 10 minutes of photo shoot - from 11:05-11:15. Symphonic Band photo shoot first, then came Drama photo shoot. The single photo shoot happens every five minutes, but I shall wear black all day because I don't have time to change outfits in the girl's gym locker room. I may not have time to have the formal outfit be worn like I was going on Broadway in NYC or on 5th Avenue in Seattle. It took 15-20 minutes for me to get a photo shoot two times. We go first, then Wind Ensemble, next came Lit Mag and finally I showed up the second time for Drama. We did a leg hokey pokey while we're in the line for which it is so creepy for me to handle with. We did big smiles, but we laughed in the end. Leadership and ASB came the last as I go to the music room. I decided to clean up after myself in order to just chill out.
         After lunch, 2 progresses to show up: yeast respiration lab worksheet and cell diagram on a cotton yellow piece of paper. Sixth period, I did the final touches of my persuasive paper before I chilled out. I spent time with Duck Life. Duck Life is so freaking addictive to you that you can't stop, neverending raising baby ducklings to be duck gods with golden crowns. Haha. The bell rang as I go to the auditorium for a feature presentation of 4am (is anyone out there?) the movie taken from the production show. It's taken on the second Sunday of production weekend. I wonder why...
        When the movie was over, I looked back at the audience and looked at the teacher that stopped the camera. When it stopped playing, I looked back at the audience and I turned back to where I just paid attention to usually. The last ten minutes deal with the regionals before we head out. When we head out, I go home and do my homework. I did what it was supposed to do so, but at least I wind down those stress, I go to bed. Next day, it's been a usual day of school. I tried to do the best I can in order to turn it in by the end of the week. Meh, am I stressed out? Hmmm, evening came as I tried out for a Christmas exchange gift party. My dad exchanged the hat for fudge. We spent the party trying, bargaining and stealing gifts, even though they all laughed at me for those embarrasing sardines, I was very embarrased by this for a bit. I had a bad feeling that I was supposed to give it to somebody else, but I ended up giving it to Dad. My gift - the 32 inch tree was stolen, but I had a popcorn tin. We had a fun time.
        The next day, I go to school and it looks like I am working all day until nine in the evening. At fourth period, we got the practices written out mentally as we chilled out, stack chairs and had a great day. But while we were there, after school, I had a penguin stuffed animal with three smarties. Mmm... yum. After we had a Secret Santa event we make plans on having a spring show - it could be a Shakespearean version of Star Wars or another piece of the Broadway era; think "Cats: The Musical". After the plans, we were like "lazy bugs" to try for Regionals, but I had gone looking for monologues and I ended up having two contrasting monologues and one song. One monologue is for the January 16 auditions and the other is for the February 8 regionals along with the song. After the day's done, I go home, and spent the rest of the day chilling out while doing my homework.
        On Friday, it snowed as school's cancelled. While it's snowing, I was getting ready for the day, but now it's all over folks as we put our little businesses to sleep within a few days. We went to Michael's and we ended up having more interesting gifts. We headed out to Target where we got two hats for Lauren, a silver bracelet and jewelry, and pajama pants for Dad. Saturday, I shopped for books with Dad at amazon.com, but I forgot Merlin Part 2 and 3 from the James Mallory variant. Oh well, it's alright for we ordered Penelope by Marilyn Kaye, Undercover by Beth Kemphart, Stardust by Neil G., and the last two books of Dragons in Our Mist tetralogy - Circles of Seven and Tears of the Dragon. We did this together as father and daughter, but we deleted the girly scrapbook kit from "It's a Total Girl's Life" which is sold out for good. The rehearsal for the afternoon had come and gone as we shopped for more at the Dollar Tree Store where we got gifts for each and every one, but I ended up having a rasberry candy gift to Simone and two toy plushy bones for the dogs - one is pink for Zellie because it matched the pink doggie stocking we got on Black Friday at Walmart, and the other is red for Dakota because the brown doggie stocking from Walmart did not match the color.
       Sunday, we performed "The Gift" at the church whereas my parents lighted up the pink Christ candle. The performance is really good. It turned into a special Sabbath as Dad and I go to the Benaroya Hall to listen to Handel's Messiah for my listening assignment, but when we came to the "Hallelujah" chorus, we all stand up which is very pointless but it's alright literally. As we come to the end, I think it's over that I was thinking what the heck is wrong with them; the music was supposed to have more instruments - more woodwinds, more brass, more percussion, more strings, more people to sing and the composition needs an extension with professional drama ensemble and that would have been more cinematic and more Broadwayish than it was before I think. But otherwise, it's really a good suite that's old-fashioned.

Song: Fear Song by some James Blunt guy

No comments:

Post a Comment