Monday, January 11, 2016

Corpse Bride Movie Review

Speaking of gothic these days, when I was nine, the movie came out. My family was kinda picky about witchcraft and stuff back then, because they're Evangelicals. When I was a little girl, I was going to watch Halloweentown, and I always wanted to see it ever since, but my parents cut me off for the first few seconds in and I was turned-off. I grew up, knowing there's no such thing as magic. I think today, the Halloweentown saga was unwatchable once you graduated from high school. How unfortunate! I already read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone once when I was in sixth grade. I never got to read the rest of the series, nor did I reread one again, but thankfully, in super senior year, I had decided to get what I exactly want, which is why I had come to read the whole entire story about My Immortal by Tara Gilesbie. I flippin' loved it too much to death I want Shadow and Ebony to get together like Link's Queen did it with Link and Jenna. Ebony is soo awesome, I wanted her to become the bride of the world's ULF and one day, I would look forward to see them have kids in my Generations LP to add to my AU story. Besides the couple I made up, I finally get to watch and review The Corpse Bride, thanks to Tara's favorite movies according to her fanfiction.net profile, using xxxbloodyrists666xxx. Here's the list:

corpse bride, mean gurlz, van helsing, any odder horror movie, nightmare b4 christmas, da ring, da ring 2, da grudg 2, saw2 and saw 3, da omen, scary movie 4, cursed, TWILITE, NEW MOON

At least she forgot Eclipse and the Breaking Dawn 2-Parter, the last update she had is on December 21, 2009. It was way back in eighth grade when she was last seen, before coming to deviantART for Mordred's Lullaby and more, all on her DeviantArt portfolio, using xxx666bloodyristsxxx. Tara is still there, she is alive and well, but man, she is so depressed for the love of Scheherazade! I'm not sure how she's going to make the next chapter of her current work in progress called Mordred's Lullaby, but still. Today, she took long breaks from each chapter because... procrastination and... CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!!!


You know why I was grunge back in junior high? Because I was attempted for heavy metal, but the results failed when it comes to classical rock of the '80s. That's why I'm such a poser I was. I became punk, and later on, I went from shy to bookworm to whatever I had right now - the nostalgia critic of the Northwest, the Link's Queen of the 2010s, a part of the Marrujo bunch, the blogger of the diary of life and death since 2013, blah, blah, blah, blah. TIME FOR THE CORPSE BRIDE!


So, in the beginning, Victor was about to marry his sweet Victoria when suddenly, during the rehearsal, he forgot the vows. He's awkward! He was kicked outside and went lost into the woods, while trying to remember the vows. At the ring part, he brought Emily back to life. Together, they went on the adventure, and things went spooky and creepier minute-by-minute, but I realized it's the love triangle I spotted on. Meanwhile, Victoria rather elopes Lord Barkus by force, but I remember it turns out to be rather an amazing adventurous masterpiece by Tim Burton when things turn out to where it was before, except for a few changes.


That sums up the plot line! Definitely a win-win! 5 out of 5 stars, and suitable for ages 9 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment