Thursday, January 2, 2014

EXTRA: I So Don't Do Mysteries Bonus Book Review

This is my first ever bonus that's straight for the blog. Hope you enjoy.

I So Don't Do Mysteries by Barrie Summy

        It is spring break season. Sherry's dad got remarried to The Ruler and went on the honeymoon, but however not so long ago, earlier, Sherry's mom died because she was addicted to coffee up until now that she just ate her food in real-life; for Sherry was questioned of what caused her mom's death. She doesn't do mysteries. One day, while her dad and stepmom go on the honeymoon, Sherry goes off to San Diego to do the whole rhino experience and figure the mystery out before her mom's afterlife was gone for good, but other than that Sherry, her cousins Junie and Amber, and Kendra enjoyed fun at the Wild Animal Park. Josh didn't show up until later on in the book during the vacation. It was a good ghost story with a middle school twist.

        I really think the book was that much sappy enough to say "Eek. Ack. Ick." even though it was that related to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Sherlock Holmes combined. I already read the quick version of Sherlock Holmes when I was a sophomore, even though it had three short stories in it, our whole entire class wrote the original mystery stories dedicated to Sherlock Holmes. I was one of them to figure things out, but lucky me I created Cherry the Detective for the missing picture from the art gallery in Paris, France situation.

        What about the ghost? I already saw so many ghosts in LPs from Justin the water ghost to colorful ghosts that come out of the grave in like a few real-life minutes or less. I imagine Sherry's mom as a ghost in pure clear white. I remember one of my sketches when my grandpa shaved on the mirror, it was completely the same color as Sherry's mom.

        Celine Dion. That woman who sang the main theme from Titanic (My Heart Will Go On). Come on, she showed up to Sherry and friends while at the dinner during the saving rhinos experience. Sheesh... this is so embarrasing. What the heck is wrong with me?!

        The saving rhinos and bird talk. Well, how about the crash and Western-like stuff that keeps happening like yeah? >sigh< I just learned the new kind of meat - rhino meat. The last time I just learned that new kind of meat is whale meat. It's from Moby Dick. What do you expect? Did you know how many rhinos are there as of April 2008 and now? Oh, well. There goes nothing but turquoise + sea green Keflit.

        I really sorta liked it is because that's very odd to me it was very juvenile-like back in the 2000s where iPods took place. No wonder this book was taking place in spring 2008. It could make my day back then, even though my sister Simone borrowed it for me. I really had accepted that the cover color was turquoise + sea green, the same color as the room walls of Sherry. Very excellent coloring of the cover. I believe this book is for tween girls and middle school girls who don't do mysteries. Also, it was recommended to teen girls with Resource programming including me in which I am done with the book, believe me; that's exactly the bonus. It was very logical for me to improve my thinking, critical, and problem-solving skills. On a scale of 1-10, I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment