Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

This top ten list is dedicated to Brook and the Bookish. Enjoy:

1. The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle (I literally cried when the merry men die in the end, you will too)
2. King Arthur and His Knights by Henry Firth (This is much of an alternate timeline to my world, but to me it's like an adventure. If you read this, you might want to go read the James Mallory version of the Merlin trilogy and Merlin's Mistake after your book is finished)
3. Finding Miracles (if you read this book, watch October Baby)
4. Ellen Foster (Colored = black/African)
5. A Lesson Before Dying (much of a sad wrap-up to sophomore year before the True Ending of First Season takes place)
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (very true to my side of my reading log over last spring, but so sad that I just want to read "Looking for Alaska" and/or "Abundance of Katherines")
7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (That was very touching and sad that will make you want to cry about whether or not Mia will survive through the situation of out-of-body experience. Can't wait for "Where She Went" since near the beginning of so-last year... must read the sequel after the first installment of Protectors Pentalogy (and the last of the Original Tetralogy) from Maximum Ride. xD)
8. Peter Pan in the Kensington Garden by J.M. Barrie (a better prequel to Peter Pan than Peter and the Starcatchers. So sad in the end...)
9. Tie: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Outsiders by S.E. Hilton (these are both great classics to make you tear out your hair)
10. Moby Dick by Herman Melville (I know this is long but sad...)

Books I'll Read So Bad That Will Make You Cry:

1. The Last Five Installments of Maximum Ride by James Patterson (I know the ending but I'm not spoiling it until the very end of the saga to read is because the people surrounded me spoiled it. I apologized Simone for this and she forgave me back. If I read this, I'll might want to cry at the end knowing how to end Melody's, Leah's, and Jenna's story very well to read. Before the final announcements and honor of their blogs, I will read the last book.)
2. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare (This is so sad that you will cry at the end to see Romeo and Juliet die together.)
3. Star Wars Ep III by Matthew Stover (It's like Breaking Dawn Part 1 meets Deathly Hallows Part 2 with a Star Trek-like twist that some of you will cry when Padme dies in childbirth.)
4. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins (It's like Breaking Dawn Part 2 meets Percy Jackson and Les Miz combined in a dystopian twist. This is like a phenomenon from sophmore year and onward when the first movie is heating up for the release. My time is not yet come, for I hear of Katniss, Peeta, Gale and what-not reactions for so many peers everywhere that I was like "What? What the heck is wrong with you?" This will make you cry when every installment of the book series reaches its end.)
5. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult (I know this book is so tragic, that New Line Cinema completely changed the ending and every little bit of the pieces (some) in the film.)
6. Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Miz by Victor Hugo (these are both tragic stories written by one author that will make you cry)
7. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell (I know this is so tragic that I already watched the film last year and I already heard of the sequels written by two different authors were published, but none prevailed; for this real one was a stand-alone. I know some wanted a sequel...)
8. Titanic Movie Novelization (I already seen the ship going to sink in like so many times in my life that it felt like a climax to me that I just want to see the movie trailer first before I have to read this book. You will cry by the time the ship sinks.)
9. 13 Reasons Why (I know the movie's going to heat up - Selena Gomez is starring in this film adaptation. This really is about committing suicide. Family Experience Alert: My mom almost committed suicide when she was a teenager.)
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (This is such a good story of a boy in the book (a girl in a film) named Death who was a Book Thief.)
11. Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (I had read the excerpt while at Sylvan, this means that I had to read this book.)
12. Animal Farm and 1984 by George Orwell (I know both books are terrible from my peers surrounding me. It was so horrific that I will be "forced" to do this piece of a scum bucket task.)
13. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (This is really disappointing that it's like Star Wars Episode IV meets Starship Troopers and Sonic Colors combined in such an political way of being the next 2001: A Space Odyssey. You will cry at the end of this book, whether or not to can't wait for the sequel to rent at the library.)

Thanks for reading this list and the Broke and the Bookish will bring to you live next week for Books That Will Make You Swoon. Also on my 18th birthday, I will get one suprising review for you to read. I will see you next time. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment