Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm On a Break for Now (Banned Books Period is Coming Soon)

        Hey guys, sorry about the busy road ahead of today, I had to take a break so I can get the monologues memorized and get ready for Drama Regionals. But first, let's just say that Banned Books Month is coming soon in May. Hopefully after The Book Theif, let's go with the reread of Bridge to Terabithia and A Wrinkle in Time because the people need to celebrate the freedom to read. I've been waiting for the Banned Books Week of 2014 for too long that I wanted to celebrate and support really badly. The upcoming week will be by Sept. 21-27, 2014 and that in hopes that it ruined my childhood memories recently a bit for me, I already discovered what's missing. Last year, we saw the video clip at church, it was the extended version of voting no on the R-74 advertisement. Two children's books that can demoralize us, true Christians in America. They were: Who's In the House? - bad as meh because it contains homosexuality in it. King and King - when I hear and saw the bit of a book, in the end, I saw two princes kissing and I was like "Ewww!". It contains gay-marriage in it because of instead of prince and princess, kids really don't care about the marriage which is really crazy due to the Miley effect. We voted "No", but it failed. I hate it when it happens... our nation is going crazier. To be perfectly honest with you, let's just say that the prince and princess will get married and nothing else will ever happen to these changes. Man + Woman = Marriage and Kids. See, is that simple?
        This year, my life is about to go crazy all over this place this upcoming May. I need to reread two books I already read as a middle school student in order for some early reviews for one of the upcoming special weeks, since I totally forgot about the plotline of these two after the last time I read it. ASL Weekend of 2014 is by May 2-4, 2014. Can't wait to sign and fingerspell all weekend long. Oh, and BTW, I'll be back once when the Drama Regionals were all 100% done. Be back in just a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment