Monday, April 21, 2014

Top Ten Gateway Books and Other Reading Sources On My Reading Journey

This is the list of gateway reading sources I read except fanfiction. Enjoy!

1. YA (finally after a long 4-year wait from the Sorcerer's Stone from the beginning of 6th grade, it comes down to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series suggested by my sister Simone.)
2. Fantasy (Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted and then... I was blown away for the entire 500 pages and still am waiting for the sequel to be read, but before I did the task, I think I did The Wizard in the Tree and The Black Cauldron by Alexander Lloyd.)
3. Classics (Oh yes, a favorite of mine for too long since back late in grade school (about Secret Rats of NIMH and the Whipping Boy I am so unaware of the storyline and forgot lots). Can't wait to read banned books in America.)
4. Sci-Fi (Contact by Carl Sagan. I was bored about the book, but was interested about the movie. Actually, I had read 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur Clarke, but I never saw the film before.)
5. Realistic fiction (If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Wow, that was one beloved contemporary story that I liked it at first, but had LOVED it. I will never forget Mia Hall and Adam Wilde as star-crossed lovers in music. Beforehand, let's say Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. It's so sad that I would say "WHY?! Why did you let Leslie die?!". Time for a reread as part of Banned Books Awareness Resolution of Reading for Knowledge Walkthrough in 2014-2015.)
6. Urban fantasy (Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. I love Max and the Flock so much that I wished I could crossover with the Sonic Underground band and make it known as the Council of the Flock coming soon to fanfiction.net as written by ME in YA novelization form! xD)
7. Historical fiction (Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patrica McLaughin. A simple read already as of now. Can I learn more history? PLEASE???)
8. Dystopian fantasy (A Wrinkle in Time by Madeliene L'Engle. Disney already adapted a film from this book. I read it two times in a row - one as a requirement for 6th grade and the other for funsies in 8th grade. And now a third time to be read for a part of the Banned Books Awareness Resolution of Reading for Knowledge Walkthrough in 2014-2015.)
9. Movie screenplays (Superman by J.J. Abrams. A 134-paged screenplay to be read for reluctant readers of this format. Before that, it's Monster by Walter Dean Myers. Another screenplay for reluctant readers. Hopefully this 280-paged impact script can make it to the MTV films.)
10. Fanfiction (I will read the SU Remake by Julayla. It was much a mature version of my show I'm 13/20 of the way there and it ticks off time when the progress takes a break. I waited for too long to check out the progress that I'm not going to do it until it's all 100% complete. I recently started writing the first Council of the Flock fanfic from Prologue onward.)

Thanks for supporting my blog and happy reading! Reading is knowledge, especially with banned books coming up in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment