Sunday, May 18, 2014

Surprise Blind Date Review: The Blind Side

This is based on the true story. It's about how Michael Oher went to the other side of Memphis, Tennessee and his football career with a dream to make it a reality.

I think that's really a good book, even though it takes much time for me to get it over with and it took me in like two months to have the whole thing taken care of. It's checked out as part of Blind Dates on the day I turned in Max #3 and renewed Where She Went. I was such a busy reader, although I've read, seen and heard problems and issues in real life. It varies from banning books (I know censorship is 100% wrong) to drug legalization (meh...) to country crisis (you know what's coming from earlier). After I'm done with Where She Went (which is a month worth of taking time and reading), I got into this book. It reminds me of football, Briarcrest, Ole Miss and whatnot; especially with the Seahawks as world champions of Super Bowl. As I read more and more, I think that's much of an interesting, new perspective of reading and writing to explore; especially when it comes to poor kids of 40.7% in the USA, although I begin to understand the reading and writing mentioning references early in sophomore year, I remember the right to read, the right to bear arms, and other amendments in junior year. I recalled mentally on what I learned to improve reading skills while at Sylvan. The level went from 7th grade reading level to 9th grade reading level. I was filled with vocab words like assailed, besiege and ingenious. I learned more vocab words in the later days of high school, thus knowing the words like interspecies, mediocre and pragmatic. I'm an eager reader ever since Facing the Lions. I was so enjoyable I had to write about the untitled YA series of love, imagination, dealing with problems and controversial content, family, friends, adventure, fun, excitement and epicness. Until yesterday night, when I look at the stars on the way home, I came with the working title called "Endless Stars". It's about the coming-of-age story taking place in Salem, Oregon. As I come near the end, it reminds me of The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton except it was somewhat completely different, but it was a great story with an inspiring touch in the end.

How was it? Better than expected

First impressions? Love at first sight

How likely am I to try sports again? Probably (I've read nonfiction on the web - the main thing is news articles)

Would you recommend Michael Lewis? Perhaps

Hearts: 5/5

Result... Keep Moving Forward (and make your dreams come true)

No comments:

Post a Comment