Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday Freebie #1: Top Ten Banned Books On My TBR List

This is a freebie about something to be read over the next four months ahead, you know what's coming... or not. It's Banned Books Week - a week to celebrate First Amendment rights on the last full week of September every year, it was founded by the American Library Association in 1982. Here are some books to be read over this period of practice besides the Sparknotes edition of Romeo and Juliet from yesterday's review:

1. Alice in Wonderland - WARNING: You're about to enter the no-spin zone for imagination! (It's a rabbit hole to the real world.)
2. A Wrinkle in Time - it's a second reread, but this time to promote freedom
3. Bridge to Terabithia - the first reread ever, the last time is in seventh grade - I'm not sure about knowing that the details go on, but I got a few major events though. Time for a pick up again to discover what I'm missing.
4. Forrest Gump - It appeared once in the 1999-2000 edition of the Resource Guide, it was made into a 1994 Academy Award-winning film and it's going to take place back in my parent's day (three decades) before the bad 80s aka the MTV decade.
5. The Kite Runner - Caution: lots of swearing and killing going on in the book!
6. Prep - Perfect for the high school class of 2014 to get into a 4-year college.
7. The Hunger Games - I know in most of 2012, people are obsessed with this book series - but in the end of 2013 and most of the first third of 2014, they were obsessed with Frozen and now what next? If I Stay? Maze Runner? Maximum Ride? Uglies? We'll never know.
8. Catching Fire - Simone keeps pushing me into this, but why can't I. Because of cheating? But not anymore, thanks to Banned Books walkthrough arrangements.
9. Mockingjay - Oh... I know some people hated it while others liked it. It's really mixed-up.

And now, for the grande pick...

10. Eleanor and Park - I'm not suprised, but in shock to see it banned in the largest public school district in Minnesota at the end of my junior year in high school. Did you know this book is going to be made into film by Dreamworks?

And that's the Top Ten freebie to Banned Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment