Sunday, March 9, 2014

Facebook is Open! (Stuff to Fill in the Blanks)

        Hey, I got my facebook page taken care of. I opened my account, so I love this type of social networking. I wished I could send a tweet to Twitter and post early reviews on the goodreads reviews of books I just read (classics for Dalmatian Press/Illustrated Classics do not count unless it's real and unabridged). I would like to rate books I just read in my life, and movies and shows I just watched when I was little, a kid and a teenager. I did a little bit for last night because I had never read some classics before and love to do so.
         I had read Goodnight Moon and some of the books illustrated by Eric Carle when I was little, it's for preschool for heaven's sake! Then came Madeliene, Berestein Bears, Curious George, Clifford, Junie B. Jones, Magic Treehouse, Babar, Apple Books, Boxcar Children, Courdroy, Cinnamon Bear, Dr. Seuss with The Cat in the Hat and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and Maurice Sendak with Where the Wild Things Are, Rhymes of Counting and Months of the Year, and In the Night Kitchen (that's all because of elementary). My mom read Nancy Drew when she was a girl and my dad read Treasure Island, The Hobbit and more when he was a boy.
        As I grew in age (a tween), I enjoyed Sarah, Plain and Tall, The Time Machine, Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, A Wrinkle in Time, Bridge to Terabithia, Twelve by Lauren Myracle and 2001: A Space Odyssey. As a teenager, I start to think "Hey! Writing is much important to my life." That happened when I was in ninth grade at Kamiakin Jr. High. One year later, when I started reading "Facing the Lions" I came up with the summary of per chapter. It's like a news report being written live from one perspective and I was like "What? Is that Reading Improv? Is this for real?" Literature is important that it's like the journey to what could lie ahead of all of those dreams, goals, resolutions and purposes. I read Eragon, Finding Miracles, Tale of Despereaux, Ellen Foster, The Jungle Book, King Arthur, Robin Hood, Oliver Twist, the Sterling edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales, quick version of Sherlock Holmes, A Lesson Before Dying, The Help, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Ella Enchanted, and then... Dalmatian Press editions of classics came out to my mind. It's like 180 pages per book. It was like a quick read from the Dollar Tree and it cost that it does not count unless it was supposed to be real and unabridged. I had read Anne of Green Gables, Oliver Twist, Alice in Wonderland, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Wizard of Oz and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in this edition before. Junior year: I read If I Stay, Mad Science Institute, Monster by Walter Myers Dean, The Phantom of the Opera, Peter Pan, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, My Friend Natalie, A Christmas Carol, The Nutcracker, Little Women, School!, Stargirl, The Fault in Our Stars, The Outsiders, Merlin Part 1, The Chronicles of Narnia #1-2 and of course Maximum Ride #1-2. Over last summer, I read The Horse and His Boy, Uglies, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Life of Pi. Then it took me three and a half months from mid-August to end of November to read Moby Dick. December came as I had read Treasure Island (a pass on from Dad). Christmas break hit as I have read I So Don't Do Mysteries (a combo of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Sherlock Holmes and a bit updated into Spring 2008) and the quick version of the mentioned recent Dalmatian Press edition of Tom Sawyer in 180 pages. First semester wraps up with The Princess and the Goblin (a pass on from Mom) and it was really good, though it takes way much time that I should've done it much, much earlier when I come back from church every single Sunday when I'm done with homework every Friday night. Last month: I read Maximum Ride #3 and now comes Where She Went followed by The Blind Side.
        In movies, I watched so much of Disney that I still believe in the original version of fairy tales (even though Frozen made me want to just think about the similarity of sisterhood and changes to my fanfic coming soon (it's about Elissa's family), it's loosely based on the fairy tale The Snow Queen). I watched Tarzan once when I was a little girl and I don't understand what exactly happened to the movie but to see all of the enthusia and magic of Disney. When I watched the opening to the movie on YouTube, I now understand clearly from what I've seen as a kid. Now, I need to read the original book (Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Burrough) first from the local library along with Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi. I've already seen the 1951 version of Alice in Wonderland since I was little and it's been like a million times of all of that traumatizing childhood memories. The 1999 Hallmark version reminded me of two Alice books by Lewis Carroll. The 2010 Tim Burton version stick close to the original version of the two Alice books except the plot line is far more by family-friendliness for kids 10 and up and the dark tone is from the Victorian/Industrial Revolution era. I've seen The Chronicles of Narnia before I read them from the dark blue Barnes and Noble Edition. It was what I think of as a kid. I think that Undercover by Beth Kemphart is much better than Disney's Ice Princess (perhaps a million times the most by the best powered to the awesomeness of YA real-life being) and that Grease and its sequel is way past better than stinkin' High School Musical, but the Senior Year of HSM... no, just no (stick to my blog and the If I Stay 2-Parter). I love Kim Possible, just remember I really do love Sonic Underground (in the future, I'm planning on the crossover reboot for SU and Maximum Ride). I've seen PPG Movie, Shrek, blah blah blah... yeah, my dad had watched too much TV and he'd seen Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif movie in which I hate with Simone and Lauren. I'm not joking you either - he loves Defiance in which I don't like (Get it on with Maximum Ride already! It's really 9,000 times the best.). Not only did technology affects my life, but it can be a bit annoying (get AdBlock now if you had a SmartTV, laptop, desktop computer, tablet and smartphone) when it comes to commercials.
        In shows, my first ever one was Blue's Clues. It's an interactive children's show that in case Blue stamps the blue "ALIVE" paw on three different objects, Steve did the task to find a clue and came up with the concept of all of the nauseatic basic, simple ideas you had recognized as a little kid. In 2002, when Steve left, Joe came along and did the same task up until the show's abrupt end. I've seen the show for ten years and yet it's been the first memory of my life for pop culture. As a kid, I've seen Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, SpongeBob, Kim Possible and Dexter's Laboratory. Now, I've seen SpongeBob and he's one of my "imaginary" friends since 1999. I was addicted to good sense of humor.
        Now comes the long road ahead with my Facebook page to take it with me for my whole entire life. Thank you and good day. ;)

Song: Pressing On by Resilent K

No comments:

Post a Comment