Tuesday, March 11, 2014

GATTACA Movie Review Part 1: Before the Rewatch

This post of the movie review you're about to read is before I rewatch it again after two years of learning more science (other half of Int Sci 1, the whole Phy Sci 2 and over halfway through 5th Period Biology).

        I already saw it for the first time when I was in tenth grade during Integrated Science first period near the beginning of 2012. It was way back in the 90s, but this is SCIENCE!!!

        In the near future, there is some genetic technology going on in life, but it may seemed so advanced to you in the production company that made this film's vision of the future in the 90s. This could be the rock shaving, blood tests, "password what-not" and what could be like later in life. Ahhh, sweet memories of the first time through but I never got to see the end due to the mentioning from the teacher.

        Two years later, I saw several little bits of this film from Nova's Cracking the Code of Life. Would that be ridiculous to see the main character's life expectancy at about 30.2 years and way too much probability of heart-disease and diabetes?! This is Hollywood, not real-life. That's purveying the future of LDR! About some multiple small detail of the main character's little brother and how the heck it took way too long like a half hour to see the last excerpt of the film for the Nova special. Come on, for heaven's sake; I was supposed to research this film in this period around, not chilling out and waiting until the Nova special shows up and I learned the title of the film finally like recently. It was going to be scheduled for the Monday, I am so glad to go back in imaginative time to sophmore year in high school when I could discover the film's excellency, "Rotten Tomato freshness", and some rating out of five stars plus the rating by thumbs!
       I need to know how to rewatch and reread something that could be rewatched or reread. It's like going back in time and digging deeper and deeper in depth. I want to build a time machine so badly by paper in the journal that will make your mind blown away by the time you go to Facebook. I've seen time portals and time warp so many times in pop culture from The Time Machine to Back to the Future to A Sitch in Time to 3000 AD. Recently, I've seen a telephone portal from Dr. Who and some machine that looks similar to dome and volcano from the same show franchise. I've heard it talk from HiSHE. Now, I know what we're going to do for the rest of this week! Draw a time machine for imaginary friends to "go back in time" especially new ones (e.g. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, Angel, Total, Emma, Candence, Mikolaj, Dawn, Destiny, Jenna, Calista, Leah) who never saw the future of what should be like in the 90s before. Me and my old ones (e.g. Christy, Melody, Maia and Lala) will remember the good old times there when I was in 10th grade. Note to self: there should be a warning for going back in time - time PARADOX! Whatever you do, don't try this at home!

Moving on to Part 2: During the Rewatch (it deals with the whole plotline and spoilers ahead)

No comments:

Post a Comment