Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chapter 2: Senior Year Has Arrived as the Top of Class


      I got up at 5:45 in the morning, got some chocolate milk, took a shower with a hint of having to wash my hair. I got dressed and got ready for the day, but there is no bus so we have to take a dark emerald green 1999 Toyota Sienna to get to school on time. We waited in line until I got a schedule. That’s exactly what is right.
      Period 1 is Study Skills Improvement. I really think that’s a great thing to go through this whole time, reading, writing blogs, studying any homework to keep track on, and have fun. Period 2 is ASL. ASL is a great start for me to go through also, but we got our first deaf teacher. We learned of “Yes” and “No”. For extra credit to sum things up, I learned of “texting” which is really funny. Period 3 is Geometry. Geometry is after Algebra I, but we will learn more details of all shapes and sizes. Period 4 is Symphonic Band. Symphonic Band is after Concert Band, but the point is that Spring Tour is coming soon and I was so excited to go see Idaho for the first time after nearly three years of waiting for the moment to arrive within. Period 5 is Biology. Biology is after PhySci if you passed the final exams and made-up some tests you failed. We will learn more about genetics, life, and plants in sophisticated detail. There are no Learning Targets whatsoever, but instead, we have Warm-Up sheets for every week and Exit Slips. Period 6 is Senior English. Senior English is very complex that, we need to break it down and build things up. Reading Folders are great for Reading Logs for those who need more reading improvement. It’s OK if I have to evaluate  Maximum Ride the Complete Saga, but I never spoil (in case of reviewing the whole series overall sometimes). Evaluating books and authors means that you have to show your imaginative spirit to your friends, it’s OK. In case that your friends don’t believe in magic, you recommend to them whether you like it or not. We got a complex math clock on the back of us, but you just need to come up with solutions as easy as that if you’re lucky.
           To do your homework, you need some contracts for your parents to sign. I got 4/6 of the contracts given from teachers. Lesson: “Life is a bit bigger than checkboxes.” I had lunch – cheese pizza, lettuce and chocolate milk. I told my friends of how is summer overall. My summer is a roadtrip.

 

. . .

 

                Flashback: We went to Salem where Simone got a midnight purple 3DS. We stayed a night in Rosenburg. We go down to California and we saw Mt. Shasta and we stayed in Weed. We headed down south to Los Angeles in the Anaheim area where we stayed six nights there. I learned how to boogie board and that’s what my uncle taught me to. We went to fun places like Downtown Disney, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory, and walking down the Stars of Fame. We went to San Francisco where we stayed two nights there. A day in San Francisco is like a blast in Seattle except a bit milder, but we learned of San Francisco and there’s a hidden prison island that has been activated for circa 30 years. We went north to Eureka where we stayed for a night there. And we went to Newport, Oregon where we spent two nights there in Money Saving Motel. We enjoyed a fun time with a whole family, but wait, there’s more; we have been to a Drive-In Tree, Sea Lion Caves, Newport Aquarium and a local grocery store near the pioneer cemetery. On the way home, we have been to the beach, and a lighthouse.

. . .

                I should’ve tap dance a bit more over the summer because there are some things going on. And there’s no other homework than just contracts and such parent/student signatures that we just can’t get enough out of it. It’s the slow-approaching start and choices were getting closer than you think but it came from the literature that I enjoyed since sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment