Monday, September 23, 2013

Very Busy This Week

        I had a very busy schedule this week. Weekends are great, but the fun of the weekend turned into the stress of making-up assignments and memorizing required answers and quotes for the big things happening in the near future such as tests, auditions, etc. I had the ASL test done, so we watched Hear Me for like the first 2 1/2 parts. It's about a young Asian couple from Taiwan, but the problem is that the young woman is deaf. I read the captions very silently, but I don't understand Taiwanese because it's a foreign film about sign language. For example, it'll is it's in yet another type of English. I kinda like to translate from one to another.

. . .
 
        Flashback: I read types of English. There's American, in which I do understand and it's very a primary language since I was young. There's British, it's okay to read others' blogs in British English. For example: mum is mom, washroom is bathroom, porridge is oatmeal, fish n' chips is beer-battered fish and french fries, pyjamas is pajamas, etc. There's Canadian, Life of Pi is written in this type of English meaning it is written by a Canadian author. For example: centre is center.
 
. . .
 
        Now it looks like things were getting much smaller, I go big on assignments that I need to work on. If I have to do so, I was a bit bored because I like to listen to music on the Pandora. Thanks and have a great day. Bonus: I got my CP proposal approved and now I get to put the sticker on the chart, so I don't have to worry about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment