Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prologue: My Background Story


This is the story of how my life’s been going on. For now, this is not a typical teen’s true story of their high school days and their senior year, so give some advice there from Keep Calm and Carry On if you’re a troubled person who was really all 100% messed-up. So this is the story about a young girl soon-to-be a young adult named Natalie (which is ME!).

. . .

It began when my parents meet up in 1989-90 at the medical meeting; they were met for the first time. My dad’s name is David and my mom’s name is Cammie (formally Camilla). Her maiden name is Cammie Anne Conrad and she first met my dad at the age of 29-30. My dad is 34-35 years old when he met her. Together they got to know each other very much.

About their lives: Dad was born and raised in the Los Angeles area of California, he had 4 brothers and 3 sisters: Pat, Sue, Paul, Roberto, Mark, John and Liz and good-loving parents Fernando Garcia Marrujo and Dorothy Zeller Marrujo (Dorothy Louise Zeller to be exactly a maiden name). Dad attended the School, and even won the middle school spelling bee contest. He graduated from La Habra High School (Home of the Highlanders) in 1973 and went to college for Chemistry and Biology. He’s a scientist back then. He almost bought a goat ranch in California.

About my mom, she was raised in Portland, Oregon. Over 50 years ago, when there’s a 1962 World’s Fair on Seattle, Fernando was there. Camilla was a toddler in the stroller. Her father William H. Conrad was there too. I just want to know how many more members of my family back then. I remember the Motown music when my parents are growing up. When she’s in elementary school, she made up a character. Its name is Dirl the Dragon. Dirl the Dragon used to be famous at the School back then. Her favorite coloring utensil was crayons. She loves them since she was very little. In 1969, the whole world is watching the first men on the moon. In 1971, Cammie and her whole family left for Bellevue, Washington. Her mom’s name is Margaret Moore (which is Margaret Wagner Conrad Moore to be exact). She had 2 sisters and a brother: Kirsten, Kennon and Celeste. In 1975, in her mid-teens (sophomore year to be exact), her parents got divorced because they were married 18 years. Her mom married her stepfather Gordon Moore February 1976. Cammie was a troubled teen and very low self-esteemed to be exact. She had to commit suicide but God spared her for this attempt, though she missed out on the scholarship and had to graduate from South Eugene High School (Home of the Axemen) in 1978. She ended up educating on a community college with a Nursing Degree, though the higher education school (Lane Community College)’s got one of the top 5 in Nursing Degrees in the nation; and as a result, she became a nurse.

My parents fell in love and got engaged in the Mid-Winter Vacation in Central America in February 1993. They got married on August 20, 1993 at the sunset and were set for the honeymoon for a week in California. My dad did the 20-year reunion with his classmates and he even did the family reunion.

Almost 2 in a half years later, they had me. I was born at 4:58pm on January 21, 1996 at Swedish Hospital in Seattle, Washington. It’s snowing outside and my grandparents showed up 5 minutes late. I had such a nice time there, being taken care of by my parents. When I was one year old, my parents have miscarried Tessa. It was so depressing to have a sibling of my own that, if I had a little girl of my own, her name is Tessa. One year later, I finally had a sister of my own and it’s Lauren.

When I was 2 ½ years old, I got diagnosed with autism. My mom had been crying when I was very unconscious, not knowing what to be aware of, pure imagination came into my mind. I never knew of what the future may hold. I learned the alphabet at the age of three years old and I started school. There’s no hug because of my brain disorder. I am beginning to learn new things from scratch. I also learned of what fun places to go, what times to do, and most of all stories to be cherished such as the Very Hungry Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, Beluga Whale, and Little Rainbow Fish. When I started kindergarten on 9/11/2001, there’s a terrorist attack on World Trade Center in NYC. It’s not the sea monster that came out to destroy it, neither does the mad scientist putting down a bomb to make it destroy for Doomsday, nor the monster from the university science lab come down to destroy it completely from punch; but it’s the two planes that came down to smash the glass of the buildings. People ran for their lives and about less than an hour or more, one building crashed down and 15-20 minutes later, another building crashed down. But wait there’s more: one plane crashed into part of the Pentagon and the outer walls of one of the five smashed down into pieces, and another plane landed violently into the empty field in Pennsylvania. About 3,000 people died from the tragic event and thus the tyranny of the global problems was born into the 21st century.

When I was seven years old, my whole family had moved into a blue house in Kirkland, Washington and there we got a English Springer Spaniel named Zellie in memory of my grandmother. Grandma Marrujo did one last request to me and my sisters (Lauren and Simone) – we got baptized at Aunt Kirsten’s church. I was baptized Lutheran 10 years and Foursquare 5 ½ years. All of my grandfathers died when I was 13 years old. 13 is such an unlucky number and the first year of teenagehood to lost all three grandpas. I was so sad for them because they were up in the clouds of heaven. We got another dog which is a Laborador Retriever named Dakota on Lauren’s 12th birthday. I got graduated from middle school in 2011 as a Valedictorian, and then I went to high school which is Juanita High (Home of the Rebels). I liked the school so much because there’s always very much fun to have been here. In 2012, I was transferred to the Resource Programming because I graduated from Transitional Programming. 2013 is one year I may cherish and like to start some blog post. That was the end of the background story.

No comments:

Post a Comment